1. The name Topaz refers to Topazos, an isolated island in the Red Sea, where the stone was discovered in ancient times.
2. Topaz is associated with the following emotions and feelings: constancy, faithfulness, friendship and strength.
3. Citrine is associated with optimism because it helps a person achieve greater clarity and prevent critical thoughts from forming.
4. Citrine is the official gem for couples celebrating their 13th wedding anniversary.
5. Topaz is more expensive than Citrine and can be purchased in an array of colors. Yellow Topaz is for November and Blue Topaz is for December.
6. Citrine was once worn during ancient times to protect against deadly diseases, animal bites and disturbing thoughts.
7. Citrine is a yellow Quartz that can be found ranging in color from a light or pale yellow to a golden brown.
8. Topaz and Citrine are the birthstones for the month of November and of the Zodiac sign Scorpio.
9. There are very few yellow gemstones in the world, making Topaz and Citrine both unique and valuable.
Citrine Jewellery Ideas: